Zoom Workshop Etiquette
1. Your Instructor is in charge of the class.
2. Please keep in mind you may be sitting home alone but you are now in public!
3. Be sure to mute your mic (lower-left corner of your screen) as soon as you sign on and whenever you are not speaking.
4. Be sure to silence your cell phone!
5. Consider muting your video (also on the lower left of the screen) if you are eating, scratching, coughing, blowing your nose (!), talking with someone else in the room, or anything else that might be distracting to others.
6. Close unneeded applications on your computer to keep the video optimally functioning.
7. You might want to use a headset with an external mic for best hearing and speaking capabilities.
8. When you are speaking, let others know that you are finished by saying one of these sign-offs: “That’s all.” “I’m done.” “Thank you.” So that everyone knows you have finished your comments.
9. If you want to speak, physically raise your hand or use the “raise hand” feature that is available at the bottom center of your screen.
10. You can ask questions and make comments silently if desired using the “Chat” feature (also on the bottom and center of your screen).
11. Be mindful of your background lighting. If you are sitting in front of a window, you may be completely darkened by the light coming through the window. Your overhead light also might need to be turned off or dimmed as well.
12. Be sure that there is nothing visually distracting (e.g. cars or people going by) in the background too.
13. Remember to sign out or “leave the meeting” when the session is finished.
14. For more info: Zoom Quick Start Guide
Enjoy your Zoom Retreat classes!