Heart of Texas Bead Retreat
These guidelines are developed using common sense, a sense of fairness, politeness, and above all, consideration for others.
- ALWAYS WEAR YOUR NAME TAG: this helps the teacher identify you by name.
- BE ON TIME: arrive early enough to be set up and ready when class starts. This includes returning from lunch on time.
- LISTEN TO THE TEACHER: if you don’t understand, or need help, ask for help from the teacher, not your beading neighbor.
- ASK QUESTIONS…BUT remember this is a group setting. Please do not monopolize the teacher’s time or discuss unrelated personal beading projects.
- KEEP CELL PHONES SILENT AND OFF THE WORK TABLE: DO NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS or TEXT MESSAGES IN THE CLASSROOM.
- KEEP CONVERSATION TO A MINIMUM: lots of talking is distracting to your teacher and your classmates. Use your “inside voice” so others are not disturbed.
- RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAWS AND YOUR TEACHER: Project instructions are not to be copied or taught without written permission from the teacher.
- DO NOT TOUCH ANYONE’S BEADWORK unless invited to do so and then only if your hands are clean.
- NO FOOD in the classroom please.
- NO PERFUME or smelly lotion. Many people are allergic to perfumes – 20 people in a classroom wearing perfume can be overwhelming for us all!
~adapted from EGA Workshop Etiquette~